Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Gecko Gang

Welcome back Travellers, Agents, and Survivors!

Here on the blog, we're still talking about Mutant World, and some of the creatures our heroes have to face during their adventures.  Today, we're talking about the Gecko Gang!

Image result for geico geckoWho or what are the Gecko Gang?  Well, they are a rival group of post-apoc survivors, except these guys are mutant lizard men.  They wander the wasteland doing whatever odd jobs they can find:  bounty hunting, mercenary work, irreputable errands.  They aren't very picky.

Image result for randall boggsThere are five of them.  They stand about seven feet tall.  I started off thinking it would be kinda funny to have a rival band of lizard men all modelled after the Gecko from those insurance commercials, you know the guy!  But he didn't look mean enough, and I kept thinking of a head with a wide maw and bulging eyes, more like that purple guy from Monsters Inc.

But then I was drawn back to my D&D past, and I realized what I needed was something closer to this troglodyte drawn by Willingham in the B/X Basic Set.  Yeah, that's more like it!  Tall, and sleek, and mean, and strong.  Yeah...


So then I had to figure out how to differentiate between them  Should they have stripes?  Spots?  Combs?  Spikes?  Stegosaurus plates running down their spines?  Of course, then I realized I could just differentiate them by color.  It's an old fashioned cartoon trick, multiple characters that would look alike except for being different colors.  You know, like Donald Duck's nephews:  Huey, Dewey, and Louie.  


And their names, of course, which are all bastardized derivatives of giant movie monsters.  Gazillo, the yellow one, is the leader of the group.  The blue one, Gidoro, prefers hand-to-hand combat.  Gwanji, the red one, is the group's sniper.  The green one is Gorgi, and he ain't afraid to hunt down a beast, no matter how big it is.  Gam is the orange one, and he comes outta nowhere to help ya when ya need it the most!


Assuming, of course, that you're on his side!  If you're not...well, that's a different point of view!


But YOU can experience the adventure along with our heroes in




Mutant World #2

Scourge of the Sundered Sands


Available Now!

to Kindle and Kindle Unlimited!





Until then, I wish you all...

Good Adventuring!
Timothy A. Sayell




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome!

Hey-ho and what-do-ya-know! I see you've found your way here to my Home Base, my Head-Quarters, my Secret Lair, my Sanctum Santorum!  ...